Green Build Award
We are looking for projects which:
- Build sustainable living and communities
- Reduce energy, carbon and water usage and lead on creating more of a circular waste stream
- Use local labour/suppliers and materials, including recycled/re-used materials
- Show a creative and imaginative approach to revival and regeneration including sensitive development of brownfield sites and/or featuring under-utilised buildings
- Sit comfortably in their surroundings and/or blend in with the local vernacular
All projects/campaigns must have been started or completed within the last three years (to the end of August 2018) and be within the county border of Norfolk.
The Application Process
All applications must be received by 1pm on Friday 31st August 2018. Late applications will not be considered.
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with photos and supporting material attached as JPGs or PDFs.
The Judging Process and Prizes
After the closing deadline, the judges will meet to shortlist projects and applicants will be notified by Friday 28th September 2018 whether shortlisted or not. All shortlisted applicants will be invited to a prize ceremony at The Hostry, Norwich Cathedral on the evening of Monday 19th November 2018 when the winners for each category will be announced.
Three projects will be shortlisted in each category. Judges will visit, by arrangement, all shortlisted projects. All project visits will be completed by 28th September. The winning project in each category will receive a commemorative plaque; all shortlisted projects will receive a framed certificate.
The Judging Panel
A judging panel for each Award category is appointed by the Trustees of CPRE Norfolk and authorised to make Awards on behalf of the branch. There are normally three judges for each category who bring a mixture of personal and professional experience. At least one trustee of CPRE Norfolk will sit on each judging panel and the panel is overseen by a Chair of Judges, who is the President of CPRE Norfolk. Information on the current CPRE Norfolk Awards Judging Panel is available on request.
For further information contact Helen Leith, Director, CPRE Norfolk, 15 Pigg Lane, Norwich NR3 1RS
Tel: 01603 761660 or email email@example.com.